He gives His light to whoever He wants

salam alaik.

I have just attended khatibah two days ago and it was very meaningful. I got the experience of seeing guys crying just because they regretted their sins very much and cared about the ummah's problems. It was very hard to actually see guys crying. I was not touched when guys cried for girls that they love. Such teardrops carried no meaning at all.

So, when I went back to my campus, I planned to be better. But I was afraid to change. Because I know I ain't good at all, and yet my change will grab people's attention. And to keep the istiqamah, or being permanent in doing good deeds, is hard. Ain't easy like what I think before. That feeling of anxiety and fear of rejection are really strong. My naqibah, assured me to read the Quran and read the translation also. Because by reading the Quran, all questions asked by us will be answered by ALLAH. We may not connect with him face to face, but through this kind of communication, we will feel relieved and will keep striving to uphold Islam. It gives strength to us to survive in this temporary world.

I read surah al-Isra and surah al-Kahfi. I decided not to look at the translation and kept continuing with my recitation. And suddenly I felt the urge to glance at some of the translations. It sounded like this...

"Don't be afraid, don't be sad. Remember that ALLAH is always with you. ALLAH is always with people who want to be good and spread the dakwah among other people."

 
allposters.com

My heart suddenly felt this kind of shock, kinda electric shock. It really matched what I felt about changing myself. Seriously, when you have problems, try connecting yourselves with Him more frequently. But it does not mean that when you are happy then you can disconnect yourselves from Him. Whenever you are happy, or in trouble, make sure to remember Him. Always. Because by remembering Him, things will go right, or perhaps things will never be right for you, but somehow you will not feel troubled with the presence of problems in your life. That is because you know, no matter how troubled you are, ALLAH is always with you.

As stated in Quran, sura ar-Ra'd, "Only by remembering ALLAH, you will feel calm,"

ALLAH. There lies our strength. =)

Comments